3 Social Media Tips for Business - Activfirst
In the 2019 business landscape, it is a case of step-up your social media game or step-aside! As everyday life becomes increasingly digital, social media for business is something that you can no longer afford to avoid. In today’s post, we are joined by our in house social media champion, who will be sharing some social media tips for your business.
Be Clear about Your Business Goals
An effective social media strategy starts by establishing clear goals. What do you want to achieve with your business social media presence? Are you in it for general brand awareness, website traffic, to increase sales or all of the above?
A great place to start when establishing your social media goals is to consider your target audience. When you have a clear mental picture of who your target audience is, you can create social media content that adds value to your audience, whilst staying true to your business goals.
So to recap, get extremely clear about what you want from social media for your business. This means that when you set aside some of your precious time to use it, you can get the most out of it. Starting out with clear goals will also help you to come up with relevant content to share, whilst staying consistent.
Choose the Right Social Media Platform
So you have now established some social media goals for your business. You may have even decided on a clear example of your ideal customer. But how can you reach them?
Let’s have a look at some demographics.
This data will paint a clearer picture of where you are likely to find your target audience on social media.
- 44 percent of LinkedIn users are female, compared to 56 percent who are male.
- Almost a quarter of LinkedIn users are aged 18 to 29.
- 30 to 64 years old—61 percent of LinkedIn users fall within this age group.
- 21 percent of LinkedIn users are over the age of 65.
- 38% of women use Instagram, compared to 28% of men.
- 59% of 18–29-year-olds use Instagram.
- 33% of 30–49-year olds use Instagram.
- 18% of 50–64-year olds use Instagram.
- 8% of people 65+ use Instagram.
- 57% of global Twitter users are men
- 42% of global Twitter users are women
- Facebook users are 53% female and 47%, male
- 88% of those 18-29
- 84% of those 30-49
- 72% for those 50-64
- 62% for those 65+
- 81% of Pinterest users are actually Females
- 40% of New Signups are Men; 60% New Signups are Women
- Millennials use Pinterest as much as Instagram
- The median age of a Pinterest user is 40, however, the majority of active pinners are below 40
If you are completely new to ALL of it, then looking at demographics is a good place to start. If you are already using social media, what initially informed your original choice of social media?
One final word of advice when choosing your social media platform(s) you don’t have to do it all. If you are limited on time, it’s better to focus your efforts on using one social media platform and do it well!
Create a Content Calendar
Like with any venture, if you want to make it a success, you need to get organised. By creating a content calendar you can plan and make sure you don’t miss anything important. You could use a whiteboard to plan content, a physical planner or an Outlook calendar that your full team can access.
Some ideas to include in your content calendar could be:
- Relevant awareness days
- Twitter hours
- Upcoming promotions or events
As always we hope this post has been helpful. If you are a Bridlington based business you can access funded social media support through our Activbusiness project. If you would like to know more, please contact Ed Grady on 07487 883237 / email@example.com