Activbusiness: Mind Body & Business Support in Bridlington - Activfirst
Activfirst are pleased to announce a new initiative funded by the European Union for 3 years called Activbusiness. This fully funded project will provide a host of exciting opportunities to support Bridlington businesses. The project aims to help employers increase levels of workplace participation amongst employees. Ultimately we want to help Bridlington businesses to achieve a healthier and more productive workforce. Businesses taking part should experience fewer financial constraints due to reduced levels of poor mental health and obesity in the workforce.
Activbusiness: Business Support in Bridlington
What is the Financial Impact of Poor Workplace Health?
- 60 billion cost of an unhealthy workforce to UK tax payer
- 53% stress is leading cause of long-term absence
- 4 billion cost to employers due to staff leaving jobs with mental health problems
- 131 million working days lost per year
- 2million days lost through work-related back pain costing businesses £5 billion
- 4 days lost per worker per year due to sickness absence
Did you know the average UK office worker sits 10 hours each day. With almost 70% of sitting taking place at work and 73 % only leaving their desk for toilet or tea breaks. Studies indicate that ongoing inactive behaviour is a risk for ALL employees. However fit and active they are outside the workplace.
What to Expect from Activbusiness
A yearly programme of delivery will be created to meet the needs of the beneficiaries and employers. The sessions will be arranged at various times, across the day and evening to accommodate work patterns, venue availability and seasonal weather. Business support workshops will be arranged within the workplace at a time that suits the employer. As part of the project we will provide a full range of support to all businesses. This includes a minimum 12-hour support for each business.
- Research and survey businesses and employees to influence the design of the delivery programme
- Utilise specialists to provide the high-quality support to businesses and employees
- Delivering a number of sessions in various locations on a 1 to 1 and group basis
- Increase self-awareness of health and well-being of individuals
- Encourage and support the management of any issues
- Remove any barriers to participating in health-related activity sessions
- Provide specialist mental health support to employees and employers
- Specialist leadership and management support to employees and employers
- Support regarding the use and benefits of social media
- Deliver accredited training sessions to employers and employees around – Smoking cessation, alcohol awareness, healthy eating and nutrition
- Arrange a number of local cross business events
- Report the benefits – reduced sickness, cross business engagement/referral/increased productivity
Sessions on Offer Include:
- Gym Session
- Fitness Class
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Table Tennis
- Dance Class (Strictly Come Dancing)
- Health Checks
- Nutrition/Healthy Eating Workshops
- Quit Smoking Session
- Alcohol Awareness Workshop
This is not an exhaustive list. As part of the project we request input and suggestions from both Employers and Employees.
For more information please contact Ed Grady
T: 07487 883237