Employment & Skills
Activfirst deliver a number of contract in partnership with the Humber Learning Consortium across the Humber Region. We work closely with public and private employers in order to open up opportunities for young people along with voluntary and community organisations that will provide wrap around support and interventions.
All our programmes are based around a one-to- one mentoring model to provide participants with an individual package of support, tailored to each participants needs and barriers they are facing. Participants are an integral part of the programmes at all levels and make key decisions on governance arrangements.
Talent Match Humber – 18-24 years unemployed for 12 months Plus
Talent Match will give you a 12 month package of support to help you reach your potential and support you to find sustainable employment or enter further education.
Our Talent Match provision provides:
- A long term programme of support that meets your individual needs
- One-to- one mentoring support throughout your journey
- Staff who challenge and support you to be the best that you can be
- Opportunities, jobs and training based on your career goals and aspirations
- Training in enterprise, like how to start your own business
YEI – Youth Employment Initiative – 15-29 years
Building Better Opportunities – 25 Years Plus
Both these projects enable us to offer intensive support across a wide age range to deliver an individual package of support to each participant based on their circumstances.
We do all our work on an outreach basis, travelling to meet participants individually in a less formal setting. This has proven to be very successful with people suffering with low confidence and/or who have multiple impediments to work.
Our provision provides:
- One-to- one support
- Self-esteem and confidence development
- Employability skills
- Personal development qualifications
- Work experience
- Assisted job search
- Functional skills (English and Maths)